Preparation Time: 50 — 60 minutes
Serving Size: 4 servings
- • 4 cups vegetable broth
- • 1 Tbsp olive oil
- • 4 Tbsp butter
- • 1 Leek, thinly sliced
- • 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- • 1-1/4 cup Arborio rice
- • 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- • 1/4 cup BiPro Whey Protein Isolate
- 1. Heat broth to a low simmer. Cover and keep hot.
- 2. Heat oil and butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook about 5 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 3. Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4. Add rice and cook 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- 5. Add 1/2 cup hot broth and cook until broth is absorbed, stirring constantly. Continue adding broth in 1/2 cup increments, stirring constantly, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and creamy.
- 6. Combine parmesan cheese and BiPro and add to risotto. Stir until well mixed.
5 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Lean Meat, 4 Fat
Nutrient Content Claims
- Good Source of Protein
- Good Source of Fiber
- Excellent Source of Vitamin A
- Good Source of Calcium