Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 12 Servings
Total Time: 1 hours 20 minutes
- • 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup*
- • 1/3 cup Honey
- • 1/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- • 1-1/2 cups BioZzz-Alphalactalbumin
- • 1-1/4 cups Crisp Rice Cereal
- • Coating (optional)
- 1. Place corn syrup, honey and peanut butter into mixer bowl (a heavy duty stand mixer like a Kitchen Aid is recommended). Blend for 1 minute on medium speed.
- 2. Mix together BioPure-Alphalactalbumin and crisp rice cereal. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix on low speed until well blended.
- 3. Press mixture firmly and evenly into a lightly greased 8 inch or 9 inch square pan. Let sit for 1 hr. Coat and/or cut as desired.
- 4. Coating (optional):
Chocolate Chips: Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and spread over bars. Place bars in the freezer for 3-4 minutes to harden coating. Cut into 12 bars.
Chocolate and Butterscotch Chips: Melt ½ cup chocolate chips and ½ cup butterscotch chips and spread over bars. Place bars in the freezer for 3-4 minutes to harden coating. Cut into 12 bars.
Chocolate Coating: Cut into 12 bars. Dip bars into 4 oz of melted chocolate coating and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. After all bars have been coated, place in the freezer for 3-4 minutes to harden coating.
*If desired, fructose syrup can be used to replace the light corn syrup in this recipe. Fructose syrup can be prepared by combining 1¼ cups fructose with ¼ cup water. Heat the mixture in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until the fructose is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool completely before using.
Nurition based on uncoated bars
1 Starch, 1-1/2 Lean Meat
Nutrient Content Claims
- Excellent Source of Protein
- Low Fat
- Low Saturated Fat
- Cholesterol Free
- Low Sodium